Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
The Sales Director (Italy) will work with a small dynamic team to realize the potential of the evolving Jazz portfolio in the Italy. With a focus on our Haematology/Oncology medicines and an existing presence locally, this role will ensure that we build an enduring and dynamic biopharmaceutical company which commercializes products to meet unmet patient needs in focused areas for the Italian market. This leader will set the tone and be a role-model to ensure that everything we do is focused on three things: putting patients first, being a great place to work, and living our shared values.
- Establish Jazz Pharma as a key player in our areas of disease focus within the Italy markets
- As a member of the Italy management team will be accountable for the growth of the Jazz business in Italy
- Responsible for leading the Jazz Pharma Sales (Key Account Manager) team in Italy for the current and future Jazz Portfolio
- Accountable for development of Jazz Pharma Key Account Manager (KAM) Operational Expenditure and resource deployment; responsible for financial management of Sales budgets within agreed Operational Budgets
- Lead the Jazz Pharma Italy Key Account Manager tactical implementation of business plans, brand strategies and customer strategies through effective cross-functional collaboration and implementation of Key Account Management methodology
- Ensure excellence in Key Account Manager business planning and effective monitoring of business performance through appropriate use of relevant analytics and metrics
- Monitor progress in order to continuously improve business performance and tactical execution for Jazz Pharma Italy Key Account Manager team at a National level and at Account level
- To take a personal lead on strategic initiatives with recommended external stakeholders and represent Jazz at key events
- Be accountable for the Sales performance in Italy
- Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Anticipate market trends, opportunities and challenges to enable appropriate uptake and share of the Jazz product portfolio.
- Promote a common vision and ownership of Jazz Pharmaceutical values and culture in Italy
- Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within the region in order to facilitate, support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- Set the tone for the Italy KAM team: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
- Build the Jazz Italy team and develop the capability of the KAM team
- Be a highly visible, deeply-engaged leader and player-coach for the Italy KAM team
- Ensure the KAM team is directed and supported on achieving agreed objectives and that the team functions as a cohesive unit
- Ensure that the KAM team is collaborating fully across functions and fully harnessing the wider organizational matrix to support the goals of the Italy business
- Working within the Region One Management Unit and the Sales Management Forum serve as a source of challenge and support for peers and colleagues across the Region and across Jazz.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant track record of Pharma Sales leadership and line management
- Can point to evidence of successfully building, inspiring and developing sales teams and KAMs
- Has evidence of personal ability to systematically assess the capability of a team and individuals
- Will have inspiring stories of having grown the competency of sales teams at both group and individual level
- Has extensive knowledge of Key Account Management with robust evidence of having successfully implemented Key Account methodology with KAM and/or MSL teams
- Can demonstrate through real examples their ability to collaborate across functions – using the wider organizational matrix to best serve the needs of patients and external stakeholders
- Track record of External Stakeholder engagement in relevant areas of medicine in the Italy markets
- Proven track record in delivering brand strategies, customer strategy and tactical programs in specialized areas of medicine; experience in Haem/Onc is highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and track record of successfully delivering customer strategy and sales management performance Rare and Orphan disease areas in Italy
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Educated to degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.